Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Friday through Monday-Three Precious Days

Dear Fisher went home to live with his Heavenly Father yesterday. When I realized he was going, I begged him not to go yet. Even so, I feel so lucky he was able to be with us as long as he was. I didn't think I'd be bringing him home from the hospital. But I did. In those few short days we were enveloped in a love I had never felt before. Those fleeting moments he was with us are so precious to me.

He was a happy baby. He never cried, but he snorted, squeaked, cooed and even laughed. He slept so peacefully most of the time. It was a joy just to behold him.

When I gave him his only bath, I loved him more than I ever new I could. When I clipped his nails I knew it would probably be the first and last time I'd have a chance to do it. Each time I changed his diaper I felt so lucky to be caring for him. When I fed him, he'd open his eyes as wide as he could. I loved watching his brothers cradle him so tenderly in their arms. Love shone in their faces as they looked at him. I loved his daddy even more as I watched him cuddle with little Fisher.

I am grateful to the friends and family who came to share their love with Fisher. My house was a house full of joy because of Fisher and because of all who loved him too.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your time with Fisher. He is a very precious spirit, and is part of the most beautiful, loving family I know. It must be so difficult now to not have him in your arms. Hopefully the knowledge of him now being held and comforted by the Lord will bring you some peace during this difficult time. We love you so much. All of our love and prayers are with you, Kyle, and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. You have taught me so much in having joy in the little things. I know it wasn't easy to lose Fisher, but I am happy that you had that time with him and will always have those memories. He was so lucky to have been born in to your loving family. I am sure he will be watching you all from the other side and patiently waiting for you to all be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anna for sharing your story here with me. It was an honor to help care for you during your hospital admission. Your family touched many of my coworkers and allowed me to share the blessings of eternal families with them. We will all never forget you, Kyle, the boys and your beautiful baby boy Fisher. Thank you... love, Cindy RN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you got to take Fisher home and spend time with him that way. How precious those moments are and yet they are never enough. I wish he could've stayed with you longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anna, Kyle, Conrad, Donovan and Fisher:
    We love and cherish you all. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Fisher, I have grown to know and love you!
    I look forward to seeing you, my Dad, and our loved ones, when I return to my Heavenly Father! I am so grateful for the Restored Gospel and having Eternal Families, that "We Can Be Together Forever!
    I love you all!
    Love,
    Your Cousin, Debbie (Rippey) Adams and Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anna, thank you for sharing your journey with us. It was a pleasure to get to meet precious little Fisher on Sunday...It really was. Kyle gave him an amazing blessing and I admire both of you for your strength. I know that Fisher picked you as his mommy for a reason...You are a wonderful mother and I hope to raise Chalei the way you are raising both Conrad and Donovan. We are blessed to know that we will one day see him again...Until we meet again sweet Fisher...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anna & Kyle, I'm thankful to have met you and Kyle during your hospital stay here at Castle. I'm so glad to see that you were able to take Fisher home to love him and hold him. You inspire me with your strength and love. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family in heaven... I'll be looking for you. May God Bless you and your family. With Love, Sharon RN

    ReplyDelete